Best links of the week #12
Reading Time: 1 minute
Best links of the week from 25th March to 31th March.
- Harvard Dataverse is a repository of data currently hosting over 82 thousand datasets.
- The origins of the job title “data scientist” at Quartz at work.
- The Data Incubator offers [paid] courses and bootcamps in Data Analysis.
- Teenagers are better behaved and less hedonistic nowadays at The Economist.
- Why You Procrastinate (It Has Nothing to Do With Self-Control) at The New York Times.
- RATP, Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens (English: Autonomous Operator of Parisian Transports) is data friendly!
- Data Science Meetups: A list of Data Science Meetups from around the world!
- A list of R conferences, groups and meetings at Jumping Rivers GitHub page.
- Why Factor is one of the most amazing things in R & forcats helps you realize it at Exploratory.
- Here’s why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs by Jonny Brooks-Bartlett at Towards Data Science.
- The Cold Start Problem with Artificial Intelligence by Dwayne Gefferie at Towards Data Science.
- 5 Things I’ve Gained Since Working Abroad After Studies at Sade Faneyte’s LinkedIn.
- I tracked Apple’s Top 200 Podcasts for two years. Here’s what I found by Dan Misener at Pacific Content.
- 7 Things Every Data Worker Should Know About Metadata by Raj Singh at The Data Lab.
- Making it easier to discover datasets at Google Official Blog: Search.
- Dealing with unbalanced data in machine learning at Shirin’s playgRound.
- Launching codecentric.AI Bootcamp course! at Shirin’s playgRound.
- BMBF funded Postdoc – Machine Learning / Computational Biology, dimensionality reduction and latent space modelling for single-cell biology & genomics.
- BMBF funded project MechML to build on the machine learning model repository Kipoi (www.kipoi.org) for models in single-cell genomics.
- Data scientist position in biomedical machine learning and high-performance computing.
- Data Scientist – Talent Acquisition position at Bogotá, Colombia.
- Genomics technician position at CNRGH (Evry, France).
Data Science focused and commented version in Portuguese here.