Best links of the week from 11th March to 17th March.
- Lying with science: a guide to myth debunking at Spectator.
- Value of Last Evaluated Expression (excellent for when you took minutes to run this expression in R and forgot to assign it to a variable) at Documentation for package ‘base’ version 3.6.0.
- A Timeline: How we got here at Time to Play Fair.
- Area under the ROC curve at Cecile Janssens’s Thread Reader account.
- Exception when I would not rely on AUC at Cecile Janssens’s Thread Reader account.
- Reduzindo e simplificando a complexidade irredutível at Revista Questão de Ciência.
- Como não investigar um fenômeno: exemplo com “agroglifos” at Revista Questão de Ciência.
- Você deve preservar os dentes de leite do seu filho para guardar as células-tronco? at Deviante.
- Pizza de Dados (initiative to discuss and spread the word about Data Science). They write articles and produce a podcast.
- Dicionário de termos em Ciência de Dados at Pizza de Dados‘s GitHub.
- Escola Virtual do Governo Federal with several courses, among them one of Statistics for Management of Public Policies.
- The morning paper is a blog by Adrian Colyer that releases an interesting/influential/important paper from the world of CS every weekday morning.
- 5 ways to measure running time of R code at Alexej’s blog in R-bloggers.
- Probabilistic interpretation of AUC at Alexej’s blog in R-bloggers.
- 21 Quotes That (If Applied) Change You Into a Better Person at Thrive Global on Medium.
- What is Blockchain and how it works at NFQ blog.
- Understanding Boxplots at Towards Data Science.
- Why, How and When to apply Feature Selection at Towards Data Science.
- Clustering Mixed Data Types in R at Wicked Good Data R’s blog in R-bloggers.
- Quick plot of all variables (RMarkdown here) at BLOGR.
- Meu checklist de projetos de Aprendizado de Máquina at Leticia Portella’s Medium.
- O que fazer quando faltam dados? at Data Bootcamp’s Medium.
- Síndrome de Ulisses: o sofrimento de quem imigra at Mamães brasileiras pelo mundo.
Data Science focused and commented version in Portuguese here.