Best links of the week #45
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Best links of the week from 11th November to 17th November
- Hyping research runs risk of devaluing science at The Irish Times.
- The Cobra Effect: Lessons in Unintended Consequences at The Foundation for Economic Education.
- 3 Myths About Machine Learning in Health Care at Harvard Business Review.
- SEMINAL DEBATE : YOSHUA BENGIO | GARY MARCUS — LIVE STREAMING.
- Intel open-sources HE-Transformer, a tool that allows AI models to operate on encrypted data at Venture Beat.
- Google’s secret cache of medical data includes names and full details of millions – whistleblower at The Guardian.
- Professores brasileiros realizam chamada por reconhecimento facial at Olhar Digital.
- O círculo vicioso da conspiração at Revista Questão de Ciência.
- Sete em cada dez projetos de inteligência artificial em empresas falham, diz estudo at Estadão.
- Falha de segurança da Claro expõe dados de 8 milhões de usuários at Olhar Digital.
- What does it mean for a machine to “understand”? at Thomas G. Dietterich‘s Medium.
- The 10 Bias and Causality Techniques of that Everyone Needs to Master by Marcos Silva at Towards Data Science.
- A Brief History of Statistics by Marcos Silva at Towards Data Science.
- Visualizing Bayes Theorem at Oscar Bonilla’s Blog.
- How to Build a Probability Microscope by David Steinsaltz at Nautilus‘s Medium.
- Entropy, Perplexity and Its Applications at LEI MAO’S LOG BOOK.
- Cross Entropy, KL Divergence, and Maximum Likelihood Estimation at LEI MAO’S LOG BOOK.
- Gnome Terminator at LEI MAO’S LOG BOOK.
- Why Kaggle will NOT make you a great data-scientist by Pranay Dave at Towards Data Science.
- 3 distances that every data scientist should know by Joos Korstanje at Towards Data Science.
- Everything you Should Know about p-value from Scratch for Data Science by Sharoon Saxena at Analytics Vidhya.
- Understanding binary cross-entropy / log loss: a visual explanation by Daniel Godoy at Towards Data Science.
- In U.S. First, Scientists Safely Edit Cancer Patients’ Cells With CRISPR by Emily Mullin at One Zero.
- 1984 in 2020: Social Engineering in China at David Gil Gonçalves‘ Medium.
- How to Negotiate for a Better Salary When You’re Switching Careers at Dawn Graham‘s Medium.
- O que acontece quando pesquisadores inventam co-autores? at Renato Pincelli‘s Medium.
- Data Cleaning em gêneros de filmes at Karinne Cristina‘s LinkedIn.
- A Short Introduction to Entropy, Cross-Entropy and KL-Divergence at Aurélien Géron‘s YouTube channel.
- Postdoctoral / Research Staff Member Position on Unifying Learning and Reasoning at IBM Research (Zurich).
- HPC Software and Community Developer for Deep / Machine Learning at Jülich Supercomputing Centre.
- Two Researchers and HPC Software Engineers for Deep / Machine Learning at Jülich Supercomputing Centre.
- Scientific Team Leader, Researcher Deep Learning / AI at Jülich Supercomputing Centre.
- Ph.D. student position on Machine Learning at Oulu University.
- Software Algorithm Engineer in Advanced Sensing at General Motors.
- Systems Engineer (Automated Driving Advanced Development-RADAR) at General Motors.
- Two Assistant Professor positions in Computer and Information Sciences at the University of Delaware.
- An Associate or established Assistant Professor position in Computer and Information Sciences at the University of Delaware.
- Two positions in foundations of Data Science (University-wide cluster hire) at the University of Delaware.
- Ph.D. position on AI and Machine Learning at the Centre for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems at Örebro University.
- WASP AI Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Mathematical Statistics at Umeå University.
- Post-doctoral opportunity in data-driven methods to solve multi-scale problems in physical sciences at the University of Minnesota.
- Turing Artificial Intelligence Acceleration Fellowships.
- Turing Artificial Intelligence World-Leading Researcher Fellowships.
The next opportunities (30+) are reserved for readers registered in the newsletter. By having registered, you will receive updates on the posts in the blog!