Best links of the week #35
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Best links of the week from 2nd September to 8th September
- Does Google not have better algorithms, but only more data? Peter Norvig is quoted as having said that at Quora.
- Airtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything.
- Data Annotation: The Billion Dollar Business Behind AI Breakthroughs at Synced.
- How artificial intelligence can allow providers to get a better handle on social determinants of health data at Healthcare Finance.
- Differential privacy at Wikipedia.
- When the A.I. Professor Leaves, Students Suffer, Study Says at the New York Times.
- Mapa da Saúde do Estado de Goiás (Aplicativo interativo).
- O falso charme do relativismo científico at Revista Questão de Ciência.
- Paraná terá hub de inteligência artificial a partir de setembro at G1.
- Recompensa da ciência não é rápida, mas é vital, afirma Nobel de física at Folha de São Paulo.
- How to deal with Unbalanced Image Datasets in less than 20 lines of code by Arnaldo Gualberto at Analytics Vidhya.
- Problems With Data in the Healthcare Industry by Kacper Kubara at Analytics Vidhya.
- Algebra Is Not The Problem: Unnecessary Partitioning Into Courses Is The Problem by Sunil Singh at Reimagining the learning and teaching of mathematics.
- Two Key — but ignored— Steps to Solving Any Math Problem by James Tanton at Reimagining the learning and teaching of mathematics.
- Queimadas na Amazônia Brasileira: uma análise espaço-temporal at Marcelo Curtarelli‘s LinkedIn.
- PDF is not a probability at Aerin Kim‘s Medium.
- Age, Gender, and the Highest Award in Mathematics by Sarah Mayes-Tang at Reimagining the learning and teaching of mathematics.
- The bootstrap. The Swiss army knife of any data scientist by Gianluca Malato at Data Science Journal.
- Support Vector Machines Explained at Zach Bedell‘s Medium.
- Top 5 Free Resources for Learning Data Science by Rebecca Vickery at vickdata.
- Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow in Machine Learning at Monash University.
- Professor in hybrid artificial intelligence at KU Leven.
- Research professor in natural language and multimedia processing at KU Leven.
- Associate Prof. in Machine Learning – two permanent positions in the Department of Informatics at the University of Oslo.
- Ph.D. fellowship in Electronic Systems with a focus on machine monitoring analytics and automation at Lulea university of technology.
- Five Ph.D. fellowships in artificial intelligence for science at the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
- Post-doctoral opportunity in AI at Emory University.
- Postdoctoral Fellow within Autonomous Navigation for Robots in Agriculture at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate I (Data Analysis) at the University of Arizona.
- Postdoctoral position in scientific computing in the area of privacy-preserving federated machine learning at Uppsala Universitet.
- Research Fellow in Machine Learning at Linköping University.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Machine Learning at Colorado State University.
- Pessoa Cientista de Dados at MaxMilhas.
- Pessoa Engenheira de Dados at MaxMilhas.
- Data Scientist NLP at NeuralMed.
- Cientista de Dados Jr at JOTA.
- Data Scientist (IT) at a large multinational corporation located in ‘Vale do Paraíba’.
- Analista de Engenharia de Dados Sênior at Banco Inter.
- Cientista de Dados at InfoVagas.
- Cientista de Dados at Bridgestone do Brasil.
- Coordenador de Business Intelligence at CargoX.
- Lead Data Scientist at SumUp Bank.