Best links of the week #49
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Best links of the week from 23rd December to 29th December
- How Margaret Dayhoff Brought Modern Computing to Biology at Smithsonian Magazine.
- Humans have a natural lifespan of only 38 years at Daily Mail (paper here).
- When Surgeons Listen To Their Preferred Music, Their Stitches Are Better and Faster at FAC Medicine.
- Artificial intelligence predictions for 2020: 16 experts have their say at Verdict.
- Unpacking the Black Box in Artificial Intelligence for Medicine at Undark.
- Vanishing gradient problem at Wikipedia.
- O que acontece com as crianças-prodígio quando elas crescem? at BBC News.
- Our greatest risk is not AI but its opposite: Human stupidity. Our greatest opportunity is not AI but its complement: Human values at Fabio Moioli’s LinkedIn.
- Mentiras, mentiras cabeludas e “big data” at Guilherme Jacob’s Blog.
- Qual a relação entre a hora de nascimento e o tipo de parto? at Guilherme Jacob’s Blog.
- Quando a Ciência precedeu a Ética: histórias de experiências em humanos – parte I at Sophia of Nature.
- Quando a Ciência precedeu a Ética: histórias de experiências em humanos – parte II at Sophia of Nature.
- Óbitos registrados no DATASUS no estado de São Paulo at Gustavo Millen’s blog.
- Gradient Descent, Step-by-Step at StatQuest with Josh Starmer.
- Stochastic Gradient Descent at StatQuest with Josh Starmer.
- Data Engineer at olist.
- Data Engineer Sr. at Madeira Madeira.
- Especialista em Big Data at Global TI+RH Solutions.
- Postdoctoral fellowship in Artificial Intelligence at Australian National University.
- Assistant Professor in Computer Science at HSE University.
- Ph.D. scholarship in Artificial Intelligence at Eindhoven University.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Energy Analytics and Machine Learning at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Postdoctoral fellowship in Large Scale Sensor Fusion / Intelligent Infrastructure Systems at the Technical University of Munich.
- Openings at the Image and Signal Processing (ISP) group at Universitat de València.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship for research in mathematical and computer sciences at the Mathematical Sciences department of the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center.
- Ph.D. Scholarship in Neural Architectures for Speech Technology at the Idiap Research Institute.
- Ph.D. position Multiscale information integration in neuromorphic computing at the University of Groningen.
- Postdoctoral position in Multiscale information integration in neuromorphic computing at the University of Groningen.
- Ph.D. position Theory of neuromorphic computing at the University of Groningen.
- Postdoctoral position in Theory of neuromorphic computing at the University of Groningen.
The next opportunities (20+) are reserved for readers registered in the newsletter. By having registered, you will receive updates on the posts in the blog!