Best links of the week #55
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Best links of the week from 3rd February to 9th February
- Collection of 79 attributes from Brazilian Cities at Giovanna Badaró‘s GitHub.
- Do androids dream of big data domination? at Times Higher Education.
- Robot “Scientist” Helps Discover New Ingredient for Antimalarial Drug at Futurism.
- Is your Research Software Correct? at Mike Croucher’s GitHub page.
- The long road to fairer algorithms at Nature.
- Someone Used Neural Networks To Upscale An 1895 Film To 4K 60 FPS, And The Result Is Really Quite Astounding at Digg.
- List Of 20 Common Thesis Defense Questions You Should Be Prepared For at ARTISTSWITHAVISION.
- People will not trust unkind science by Gail Cardew at Nature.
- Scientific method: Statistical errors by Regina Nuzzo at Nature.
- Psychology journal bans P values by Chris Woolston at Nature.
- Top tips for getting your science out there by Craig Cormick at Nature.
- Four Big Dataviz Myths, Busted by Alexandra Khoo at Nightingale.
- Six Hats of Data Visualization by Saurabh Singhal at Nightingale.
- Causal Graphs in LaTex because powerpoint graphs suck at Daniel Kumor’s Blog.
- Why do we need causality in data science? by Aleix Ruiz de Villa at Towards Data Science.
- Use causal graphs! by Aleix Ruiz de Villa at Towards Data Science.
- Observing is not intervening by Aleix Ruiz de Villa at Towards Data Science.
- Solving Simpson’s Paradox by Aleix Ruiz de Villa at Towards Data Science.
- The Twitter Data Scientist Interview by Jay Fang at Towards Data Science.
- Research should not stop with the research paper at Daniel Lemire’s blog.
- Judea Pearl: Causal Reasoning, Counterfactuals, Bayesian Networks, and the Path to AGI at Artificial Intelligence Podcast.
- Causal Inference Bootcamp videos at Duke University Mod•U: Powerful Concepts in Social Science’s YouTube channel.
- Regular Expressions at Computerphile’s YouTube channel.
- Using Regular Expressions at Computerphile’s YouTube channel.
- Regression to the mean at Veritasium.
- Data Scientist at Nubank.
- Desenvolvedor Front-end Sênior at iClinic.
- Várias oportunidades em dados, engenharia e infra at Cetax.
- Engenheiro de Dados at HBSIS.
- Machine Learning Engineer at Rappi.
- Data Scientist – Portfolio Strategy at Loft.
- Data Scientist – Valuation Systems at Loft.
- Decision Scientist – Portfolio Strategy at Loft.
- Senior Data Engineer at Tally.
- Postdoctoral fellowship in High-performance computing in domain-specific languages applied to seismic modeling at UFRN.
- Research Fellow in adversarial machine learning for natural language processing at the University of Melbourne.
- Ph.D. position on Geometric methods for robot learning at Bosch center for AI.
- Bioinformatician position at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Research Fellow in Deep Learning for Visual Tracking and Re-Identification from UAV at Università degli Studi di Udine.
- Junior Data Scientist at Prometeon Tyre Group.
The next opportunities (15+) are reserved for readers registered in the newsletter. By having registered, you will receive updates on the posts in the blog!