Best links of the week #13
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Best links of the week from 1st April to 7th April
- Feature Engineering presentation by HJ van Veen (Nubank Brasil).
- Winning Data Science Competitions presentation by Owen Zhang (Data Robot).
- Tips and tricks to win kaggle data science competitions by raddar.
- 2019 Best Data Science Bootcamps.
- Free open public domain football data (football.db) for Brazil here and here.
- A weekly email of useful links for people interested in building data platforms.
- Top GAN Research Papers Every Machine Learning Enthusiast Must Peruse at Analytics India Magazine.
- An overview of feature selection strategies at Burakhimmetoglu.
- Feature Engineering with Tidyverse at Burakhimmetoglu.
- An example of web scraping with R: Online Food Blogs at Burakhimmetoglu.
- Why Automated Feature Engineering Will Change the Way You Do Machine Learning by Will Koehrsen at Towards Data Science.
- 7 Things You Need To Stop Doing To Be More Productive, Backed By Science at CamMi Pham‘s Medium.
- How not to use random forest by Toma Gulea at Turo Engineering Medium.
- Winners of the 1st Shiny Contest at RStudio Blog.
- Como colorir imagens em preto e branco com Pyhton e Deep Learning at Mundo IA.
- O que é Data Science? A tal Ciência de Dados at Alura Cursos Online YouTube Channel. Very good basic introduction, though we [should] know that causation can occur without correlation, really, so I’m bit resistant to the mention of “correlation is a good sign of causation”, as said by the person interviewed in the video.
- Active (Machine) Learning at Computerphile YouTube Channel.
- Using Effect Size—or Why the P Value Is Not Enough at Journal of Graduate Medical Education.
- It’s the Effect Size, Stupid: What effect size is and why it is important, presented at the Annual Conference of the British Educational Research Association, University of Exeter, England, 12-14 September 2002.
- Conventional and genetic evidence on alcohol and vascular disease aetiology: a prospective study of 500 000 men and women in China at The Lancet.
- Software Engineer – Apple Media Products Data Engineering.
- Cientista de Dados na hotmart.
- Consultor Power BI / Analysis Services.
- Business Analyst (Analista de Negócios) na Contabilizei.
- Engenheiro de Dados no Guia Bolso.
- Cientista de Dados no Guia Bolso.
- Senior Data Scientist na Contabilizei.
- Analista Sr – Mídias Sociais.
- Gerente de BI na OLX.
- Analista SQL Junior na RADAR Profissional.
- Engenheiro(a) de Dados na VAGAS.com.br.
- Legal Data Engineer/Lawyer na Digesto.
- Analista DevOps/SRE na Data Sprints.
- Cientista de Dados na Hoobox.
- Several opportunities at Wavy.