Best links of the week #18
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Best links of the week from 6th May to 12th May
- NextJournal, Seamless Data Science for Teams.
- An executive’s guide to AI.
- What should I use to serve R applications over the internet? at Brian Caffo’s YouTube channel. He talks about PlumbeR (PlumbeR book here).
- Will AI eat statistics? at Brian Caffo’s YouTube channel.
- A radical new neural network design could overcome big challenges in AI at MIT Technology Review.
- Urgent need for a government-led big data system, say industry experts at The Edge Markets.
- Top 10 Cities Across The Globe With The Highest Pay Packages For Data Scientists at Analytics India.
- What Nobody Tells You About Machine Learning at Forbes.
- How the data mining of failure could teach us the secrets of success at MIT Technology Review.
- How to hide from the AI surveillance state with a color printout at MIT Technology Review.
- Boosting (machine learning) at Wikipedia.
- Weak Learning, Boosting, and the AdaBoost algorithm at Jeremy Kun’s Blog.
- Weak vs. Strong Learning and the Adaboost Algorithm at Jenn Wortman Vaughan’s Website.
- What is a weak learner? at StackOverflow.
- AI está pronta para transformar radicalmente o desenvolvimento de software at CIO.
- O orçamento das universidades e institutos federais desde 2000 at NexoJornal.
- O governo contra as universidades, em dados e análises at NexoJornal.
- Existe alguma microevolução documentada nos humanos nos últimos duzentos anos? at Quora.
- Pearl’s Causal Ladder at Smitha Milli’s Blog.
- Artificial Intelligence — The Revolution Hasn’t Happened Yet at Michael Jordan Medium.
- A Gentle Introduction to Transfer Learning for Deep Learning at Machine Learning Mastery.
- Transfer learning at Wikipedia.
- The Four Cs of Data + Design at Ben Fry’s Medium.
- Winning Solution of KaggleDays 2019 Competition in San Francisco at Mark Peng’s LinkedIn.
- What is One Hot Encoding? Why And When do you have to use it? at Hackernoon.
- Cross-Validation for Predictive Analytics using R at MilanoR.
- O que faz um Engenheiro de Dados? by Allan Sene at Data Hackers’ Medium.
- Os Tipos de Engenheiros de Dados by Allan Sene at Data Hackers’ Medium.
- Cross Validation in R | Arpan Gupta | Data Scientist & IITian at Data Science by Arpan Gupta IIT,Roorkee.
- Introduction to Data Science with R – Cross Validation at David Langer YouTube channel.
- On Weak Learning at Journal of Computer and System Sciences.
- Quantifying dynamics of failure across science, startups, and security at arXiv.org.
- Episódio 020: Estatística e Machine Learning at Pizza de Dados.
- Estágio em Inteligência Artificial at docket.
- Engenheiro de dados at B2W Digital.
- Professor(a) plataformas Cloud at Alura.
- Analista de Business Intelligence at Youse.
- Engenharia de Dados at petlove.
- Several opportunities at Science Me Up!
- Analista de Banco de Dados at RecrutaSimples.
- Consultor BI/Big Data/Analytics at RedFox Soluções Digitais.
- Estágio – BIG Data/Analytics at RedFox Soluções Digitais.
- Analista de Dados (Business Intelligence) at INSIDE SALES.
- Cientista de Dados at Yellow Rec.
- Analista de Business Intelligence at Gente e Gestão & Projetos.
- Several data positions at Farfetch.
- Analista de Dados (Business Intelligence) at Stone Pagamentos.
- Arquiteto de Soluções Cloud at Hitss do Brasil Serviços Tecnológicos LTDA.
- Analista BI (foco em dados) at ENJOEI.
- Estágio em Engenharia de Dados at Data Sprints.
- Profissional de Engenharia de Dados (Data Engineer) at Magnetis.
- Open PhD call 2019 – Italian Institute of Technology (Pattern Analysis & Computer Vision – PAVIS & Visual Geometry and Modeling Lab – VGM Lab) and University of Genova, Italy.
- 3 year PhD position in Deep Learning for Text Analytics @ U Essex.
- 3-year position on Text Analytics & Image Processing for Post-doc/Pre-doctoral researcher in London (KTP – Innovate UK).
- PhD openings in machine learning and artificial intelligence for UAV communications and tracking (here and here).
- PhD in Biomedical Information Extraction, The University of Manchester.
- Funded PhD position on Behaviour-Driven Optimisation of Neural Connectivity at the University of Plymouth, UK.
- Two postdoctoral research positions on Data Science at the University of Exeter.