Best links of the week #31
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Best links of the week from 5th August to 11th August
- randomizr: R Package for randomized experiments.
- Bayes’rule: Guide (course with several different levels).
- Extracting Brazilian schools census data with R at Fernando Barbalho’s gists.
- Download all data from DATASUS (several Brazilian health-related datasets) with R at Fernando Barbalho’s gists.
- Statistics & Probability: Fundamentals 1 at Felix Laumann‘s Medium account.
- Statistics & Probability: Fundamentals 2 at Felix Laumann‘s Medium account.
- Probabilistic Graphical Models: Fundamentals at Felix Laumann‘s Medium account.
- Inference in Probabilistic Models: Monte Carlo and variational methods at Felix Laumann‘s Medium account.
- When machine learning meets complexity: why Bayesian deep learning is unavoidable at Felix Laumann‘s Medium account.
- How Bayesian methods embody Occam’s razor at Felix Laumann‘s Medium account.
- Probability Learning I: Bayes’ Theorem at Towards Data Science.
- General vs Narrow AI at HackerNoon.
- Probability concepts explained: Introduction by Jonny Brooks-Bartlett at Towards Data Science.
- Probability concepts explained: Rules of probability (introduction part 2) by Jonny Brooks-Bartlett at Towards Data Science.
- Probability concepts explained: probability distributions (introduction part 3) by Jonny Brooks-Bartlett at Towards Data Science.
- Common Probability Distributions: The Data Scientist’s Crib Sheet at Sean Owen.
- Cause & Effect: A Conversation with Judea Pearl at Sam Harris’ Making Sense Podcast (#164).
- Fisiopatologia do Câncer (Reimagine o Câncer #03) at SciCast, Portal Deviante.
- Ten simple rules for writing and sharing computational analyses in Jupyter Notebooks at PLOS Computational Biology.
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation in R I at Vidya-mitra YouTube channel.
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation in R II at Vidya-mitra YouTube channel.
- Máxima Verossimilhança para a Distribuição Normal, passo a passo! at StatQuest with Josh Starmer‘s YouTube channel.
- A visual guide to Bayesian thinking at Julia Galef‘s YouTube channel.
- Senior Backend Developer / Data Engineer at AdMobilize.
- Cientista de Dados at Cervejaria Ambev.
- Especialista de Dados at ARPO Talent Connections.
- DBA / Arquiteto de Banco de Dados Sênior at Méliuz.
- Desenvolvedor(a) Front-End Sênior at Méliuz.
- Desenvolvedor(a) Web Analytics at DP6.
- Consultor(a) de Digital Analytics at DP6.
- Desenvolvedor(a) Python at Jeitto.
- Engenheiro de Dados at Resource IT.
- Data Scientist – Visão computacional at Kognita Lab.
- Data Scientist / Cientista de dados (foco em NLP) at Kognita Lab.
- Estágio em Data Science at Kognita Lab.
- Big Data Software Engineer at Epam Systems.
- Segurança da Informação – Proteção de dados at Beijaflore Consultoria.
- Research Staff Position at Sandia National Laboratories.
- Ph.D. opportunity in Computational Linguistics at Saarland University.
- Tenure Track Faculty Positions in Artificial Intelligence at Oregon State University.
- Ph.D. opportunity on NLP and statistical relational learning at the University of Edinburgh.
- Ph.D. opportunity in Artificial Intelligence for Future Society Smart Cities at the University of Southampton.
- Ph.D. opportunity in Machine Learning for Stress and Fatigue Detection in Ship Crews at the University of Southampton.
- Machine Learning Researcher Positions at Arm’s ML Research Group in Austin, USA.
- Several research interns/associate positions at Honda Research Institute.
- Research Fellow in Computer Vision at Monash University.